2012年11月25日 星期日

The Difficulty of Making Money Online in Your Fifties!


I've no idea who eventually may read this article, if anyone, but from my own point of view I'd never even heard of things such as ezines and the like until a few months back, and perhaps more importantly had no idea that I'd be writing an article for one now!

Anyway, as a married man in his mid-fifties and unemployed to boot, I suppose that I may well be a little long in the tooth and a little set in my ways to consider embarking out on a mission to try and earn money online using my computer and a phone line ! I can't claim to be in the same position as many that start out in this profession, or so it seems, in that I'm not up to my eyeballs in debt, not behind with the mortgage payments (as I don't have one) and don't look with terror at the letter box each morning waiting for the next batch of brown envelopes to drop through with another host of bills and reminders.

That said I am unemployed and despite being in the fortunate position of having both a younger and income producing wife at the moment, I don't think it will be too much longer before she decides that it really is about time that I supported her and not vice versa. Hence my excursion into internet marketing and at this precise moment article writing.

Having spent the last nine months, that's right, nine months stuck in front of a computer and until May, seven of them unpaid, trying to make money online, I don't know if I am technically considered as a 'newbie' still or not. I rather hope its the latter as I must confess to finding the term rather infuriating and if you're like me and from the same generation, I guess you might as well. During those months I think I considered and looked at every possible avenue of income generation using the internet that there was - you name it, I'd looked at it and for one reason or another discounted it.

The list was endless - Adsense, Adwords, Affiliate Marketing, Data Entry, Lead Capture, Lead Generation, Joint Ventures, List Building, Niche Marketing, Private Label Products, Product Launches, Social Networking & Viral Marketing (whatever they are !), you must know the sort of thing, and if all that's not enough to digest, you've then got all the 'industry experts', each of whom can tell you how to excel in their particular area of expertise, for a small training fee of course!! My email box, supposedly filtered by the provider, contains mail on a daily basis in its inbox, the like of which I would have not thought possible a year ago. Basically I almost ended up not being able to see the wood for the trees!

However, don't worry, I'm not going to tell you that everything has suddenly and remarkably changed and that I'm now well on my way to the first million dollars, or indeed anything like it - I'm not.

What I can say however is that I've found a profitable area of activity using the internet, which doesn't require me to build a website - but provides me one, doesn't require me to buy advertising such as AdWords or the like, doesn't require me to pick up the phone (which I quite like actually) and sell, doesn't require me to send emails (although you can if you want) and generally speaking rewards me with a steadily increasing revenue which you too can repeat with a little bit of time and effort.

If you're a seasoned and experienced internet marketer please DON'T go there as you'll probably not derive any benefit. If on the other hand you think you might be a little like me in your quest to make money online then drop in and see what you think - it's actually not that hard.




Author Bio: As a frustrated individual who came to internet marketing very late in life its been a struggle to find opportunities that are realistic, affordable and that don't require you to be sat at a computer all waking hours, yet at the same time provide reasonable reward for the work put in.You can see my selected area of internet activity by going to http://www.yourbizwebsites.com/yourbiztoo




沒有留言:

張貼留言